Microsoft Office Pro Plus is the cloud version of Microsoft’s Office Application Suite. It includes applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Publisher and Access.
An Office Pro Plus subscription allows the user to install Office Pro Plus up to five computers, five tablets, and five mobile devices.
To keep Office Pro Plus updated, you to select an update channel.
- .Monthly Channel: Updated Monthly, designed for Pilot users and Testing the Latest Office features.
- Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted): Updated every 6 months in March and September. For users and application compatibility testers the opportunity to test the next Semi-Annual Channel release.
- Semi-Annual Channel: Updated every 6 months in January and July. Most users should be in this channel.
Preparing for an Office ProPlus Upgrade:
Before upgrading to Office 365 Pro Plus you should run the Readiness Toolkit to assess application compatibility.
The Readiness Toolkit can help you identify compatibility issues with your Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros and add-ins that you use with older version of Office.
Decide whether to run older versions of Office with Office Pro Plus, although it’s not recommended. Use the chart below to determine whether your older Office Application can co-exist with Office Pro Plus
Deploying Office Pro Plus in an Enterprise.
Office Pro Plus can be installed directly from the Office 365 Portal by each user with a license. To have more control over the installation process and Update frequency you should consider using the Office Deployment Tool (ODT).
Use the Tool to configure the following options for Office Deployment.
- Automatically remove older versions of Microsoft Office0
- Specify an Office Update Channel for Groups of Users
- Deploy and maintain Office from a Network Share to conserve bandwidth
- Deploy Office Pro Plus in a VDI environment (Terminal Server or Citrix) (PXE)
Call 704-499-8967 for assistance upgrading to and managing Office 365 Pro Plus or fill out the contact form below.